Everyone who wears glasses hopes that they can keep their glasses clean all the time. However, it is hard to avoid dust and other things that need to be cleaned after wearing glasses for a long time. Here are how to properly clean the glasses without causing the lenses to be scratched.
Correct Ways for Cleaning Your Eyeglasses
- ▪ Special Wiping Paper
- Special glasses wipe paper is a good choice. Single piece of independent packaging, can be carried, does not need to wash, tear and use, quickly clean, remove oil stains, stains, dust on the lenses, bacteria left on the glasses and frames can be removed effectively. One drawback is that it can't be used over and over again.
▪ Hand Washing
1. Glasses are easy to get dirty in daily life, such as soot, sweat, dandruff, hand fingerprints and so on.
2.Before cleaning your eyeglasses, make sure your hands are free from dirt, grime, and anything else that could be transferred to your lenses.
3.Rinse your glasses under a gentle stream of lukewarm tap water to remove fine sand from your lenses and prevent them from being scratched during subsequent cleaning. Also make it easier to clean the dirt on the lenses by soaking them in water.
4.Keep the water on the lens, apply a small drop of lotion-free dis hwashing liquid to the lens, then rub the sides of the lens gently with the index finger and the thumb, pay attention to the dead corner of the lens, and gently clean the frame and temple.
5.If the concentration of detergent is too high and needs to be diluted, rinse again until it is completely washed away, and then rinse the lens with a small stream of water to remove the droplets. If there is still a small amount of water, you can suck dry it with a clean soft dry 100% cotton cloth, do not wipe.
6.Finally, your “new” glasses are back.
- ▪ Spray Eyeglasses Cleaners
- Spray the cleaner on both sides of the lens with a regular spray cleaner and a microfiber cleaning cloth. Wipe carefully with a clean hand in a circle shape, after wiping, use a microfiber cleaning cloth to dry the surface.
- ▪ Ultrasonic Cleaners
- Every regular optical shop has special equipment for washing eyeglasses. The correct way is: add water to the ultrasonic cleaner, plug in the power, put in the glasses, press ON, wait, wash, turn off the switch, unplug the power.
When the glasses are not worn, put the ocular surface up, not down, in case of lens surface or surface coating is damaged. If you don't wear glasses for a long time, wrap your glasses with a cloth and put them in the case with the lens facing down to avoid damaging them by pressing or sitting down.
If the screw is loose, please tighten it in time, otherwise the lens may fall to the ground or get hurt. During the exercise, please use the protective accessories of the glasses to avoid the damage of the glasses.(Sports glasses are recommended for strenuous exercise)